Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 3, 4 &5

Wow.  i think i slacked on blogging.  LOL

Anyhow- to update the love dare

Day 3: Love is not selfish
Buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you, today."

Well, I did but I didn't.  I tried really hard.  Thought about it all day.  What would he really love to get? What does he really need?  I couldn't think of anything...  Then when I announced that I was going to the store to get razors he asked me to pick some up for him, too.  I got to the store and took forever to decide whether or not he preferred the power razors.  Decided he did and then when getting to the car I felt I had cheated him out of Day 3.  So off to another store I went to buy the last piece of his anniversary present.  I get that home and realize I got the wrong thing.  urgh!  Try again Amanda.  So did I complete day 3 or not?

Day 4: Love is thoughtful
Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day.  Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

Day 4 was really easy but I put an extra spin on it.  Contact him during the day just because?  I do that fairly often anyway.  So I added asking if he needed any particular laundry done.  Uniforms...  yes he says he needs uniforms washed.  Easy enough.  And later I redeemed myself for Day 3 at the craft fair.  I was supposed to only pick up useful things.  Nothing that is 'just decorative'.  But then I saw a sign that said, "Faith Will See Us Through".  Very fitting with the love dare.  So I agonized over it...  For a good long time.  Finally I asked my bff how I could justify purchasing it.  To which she says, "Call it an anniversary gift for the both of you and explain that it's a reminder of the love dare" (or something to that effect).  BINGO!  And he loved it.  (Or he seemed to) It's hanging above the tv, directly accross from the couch.  This way we are guaranteed to see it each day.

Day 5: Love is not rude
Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you.  You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior.  This is from their perspective only.

This one I kind of cheated on.  But didn't.  I wrote him a quick note asking him to list three things that irritate him about me.  When he finished writing I read them.  Then I sat there with him and thought about the things he wrote.  Inside I was screaming, "But this!  But that!"  But I refused to say any of it.  His feelings are his feelings.  I need to respect that.  And these are things I should work on.  Because they are bothering the one I love.

I wonder if he'll do the dare on me???
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: