Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 1 of The Love Dare: The Night Before


Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

—Ephesians 4:2 NIV

TODAY’S DARE

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

NIGHT BEFORE THOUGHTS

Well, let's see...  Everyone else I know online that is doing the love dare is looking at Day 4.  Why am I on day 1?  Because I screwed up royally for the past three days.  Today was the worst.  Dh and I went grocery shopping with the kids.  Ds decided he wanted to argue to get what he wanted.  Dh says he "can't just ignore him".  Ugh.  So the two of them argue back and forth through two different grocery stores.  When we left I lost it and sassed them both for behaving worse than my 4yo.  I was so embarrassed by their behavior that I felt justified in my negative attitude.  Was I right or wrong?  It doesn't matter.  What's done is done.  I've learned from it and so we move on.  Good thing I don't have to take them with me to grocery shop tomorrow. LOL

I know this first dare is going to be hard.  Very. VERY. HARD!  I've always had a hard time seeing the silver lining this time of year.  And to not point out that his breath smells like he ate a live skunk???  How will I manage?  I suppose I could say, "My teeth feel fuzzy after that soda, hun.  Let's go brush our teeth together."  But if he refuses?  Maybe I should buy some tomato juice....

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: