Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wow. It's been MONTHS!

So, we're just over 2 weeks into the new year and I haven't blogged in about 3 months.  Ah well, I'll try to get back into it.


I was just looking at my last entry on the Love dare.  Some things have changed, some- not so much.  But a little at a time and it will all get done, right?  Progress- Not perfection as FlyLady says.


So I've copied and pasted a portion of that last entry below and have added updates accordingly-


1. I need to be more serious about Flying so I will have more time for me and for my family. (stress)


As of the beginning of this year I have been doing much better with my FLYing attempts.  Laundry is reasonable, Dishes are usually done before I go to bed (and always by me without complaint). And from what I gather from the comments of the men in the house- I'm much more tolerable to be around.  YAY for progress!


2. I need to get Family Rules completely set up so there can be more peace in our home.(stress)


We've decided against using Family Rules.  That being said, we have found a system that works for us.  Though it's not really a "system" per se.  More just a way we decided to go about things.  We're leaning more toward natural consequences.  For instance- if ds doesn't bring his dirty laundry downstairs- I don't wash it.  Then he has nothing to wear.  A gentle reminder that bringing his laundry down is his responsibility is usually all that's needed.  I've even caught him *GASP* DOING HIS OWN LAUNDRY!!! He doesn't separate it properly and tends to wash half a load of laundry on the large load setting wich irks his mother beyond belief... But he's figuring it all out. :)


3. I need to wake at a reasonable time on a more regular basis so I will have more time to do the needed things in my home and have time to play. And most importantly to make my husband happy. (selfishness)


I have been getting up earlier than I was, but still not as early as I should.  "Then why are you blogging at 1:00am???"  Because I just had to get this out there.  Simple as that.  I'm still working on it.  I may even put up a post as to how I'm doing this.  I don't know yet.


4. I need to make time each day to be with my husband.  To just be us. (selfishness)

I have not worked on this.  Not at all.  Not even a tiny bit.  And yet, somehow, it's happening.  Not every day, though.  But definately more than it was.  Maybe it's the rest of the stuff changing that is helping this to change?





I've also not done anything past day 8, I believe, in the love dare.  I have the book.  I think it fell under the bed.  I may or may not get back to that. I will get back to that.  I'm just not sure when.  But I won't let my marriage fall apart by not doing it.


And I should let you in on a not-so-secret secret.  We're trying for a BABY! 

And on that note- I bid you all goodnight.

No comments: